And now, here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to start all over again. I’m taking her back out into the wilderness where we had our first date, and I’ll court her. I’ll give her bouquets of roses. I’ll turn Heartbreak Valley into Acres of Hope... Hosea 2:14-15


Thursday, April 3, 2014

Never once did You agree

My dear friend Jamie Lyn wrote this and I had to share it. I thought it was beautiful. Enjoy!


I am unashamed of the body You have given me. I actually find it quite beautiful. From the silhouette of my curves to the reflection in the mirror, from the top of my head to the ends of my toes, wow. I delight in it all. 
For You have designed no fault, just a perfect combination of beauty and femininity. 
Though lies have brought forth insecurities here and there--never once did You agree. Your truth is the truth and everything else is a lie. 
I love the way You designed me to be modest. Growing up with a pure heart and apart from you spirit- I didn’t always realize how much I was revealing to the world.
Then, You showed me my worth. I saw my value and chose to protect it and not reveal it to anyone but the one you have designed to protect, cherish, and value it one day. 
Short shorts? You may not see me wear them. Mini skirts? Probably not. I lived there for 15 years and remember what it caused many to do. 
I know, Lord. I know how beautiful this masterpiece is. So, I display it and clothe it like a queen. I display it like a pure radiant light in a gallery of confidence and beauty. 
Though many in the world would confuse my modesty with insecurity, I choose to not be desensitized to the value of Your work, Lord. 
When I am famous, it won’t be my legs in the headlines. It’ll be the character You rooted deeply within me that shows through my eyes and the way they radiate confidence in who I was designed to be and behold.
"Clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come". Proverbs 31:25

By Jamie Lyn Spires

No comments:

Post a Comment