As we were sharing our
hearts and processing through, I remembered a revelation that I had gotten
several months ago. I had been reading the book of John and came to this part
in chapter one:
“The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When
he saw Jesus passing by, he said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God!’ When the two
disciples heard him say that, they followed Jesus.
Turning around, Jesus saw them following and
asked, ‘What do you want?’They said, ‘Rabbi’ (which means “Teacher”), ‘where are you staying?’
‘Come,’
he replied, ‘and you will see.’
So
they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It
was about four in the afternoon.
I started thinking about all the times in my life that I have asked God specific questions. “Should I do this or that?” “Should I go here or here?” Questions where I want a specific answer. And sometimes He gives that answer. But more often, I feel like He says, “Come and see.” He extends an invitation to me and if I take the invitation, it launches me into a deeper relationship and intimacy with Him.
He’s not withholding information from me. He’s inviting me to get to know Him better. He’s inviting me to a place where he can enjoy me and I can enjoy him. And somewhere along the way, my questions get answered without me realizing it. Or the questions cease to matter anymore.
I recently read something by Bob Hazlett that underscored this:
Soooo good, baby girl. I love it!
ReplyDelete